e-on software releases LumenRT GeoDesign
E-on software has released LumenRT GeoDesign, an add-on to connect its real-time visualisation tool LumenRT to ESRI’s procedural city-generation software, CityEngine.
LumenRT GeoDesign is shipping now for Windows and Mac OS X, price $195. Parent product LumenRT 4 Studio also integrates with SketchUp, Revit and MicroStation out of the box.
PRESS RELEASE (Excerpts)
E-on software, the leader in 3D Immersive Nature technologies, today announced the immediate availability of LumenRT 4 GeoDesign. Packaged as a add-on plug-in product for LumenRT, it delivers the full power and capabilities of LumenRT Immersive Nature to users of ESRI CityEngine Advanced.
ESRI CityEngine Integration
Seamlessly integrated into ESRI CityEngine (the leading solution for City Planning and Urban Design), LumenRT GeoDesign adds rich natural elements including wind-blown plants and trees, moving vehicles, animated people, lights, water, and skies directly to CityEngine scenes. Then, with a single command, the entire scene is transformed into an immersive, interactive LiveCube™ allowing clients, customers, contractors, and colleagues to explore designs in vivid photorealistic 3D.
With LumenRT GeoDesign, users can:
- Create urban scenes surrounded in a complete natural environmental context
- Perform lighting and time-of-day shadow studies
- Add wave-animated water such as ponds, lakes, and rivers
- Build detailed streets and intersections complete with moving vehicles and street lighting
- Design parks and forests with thousands of wind-animated trees
- Author attention grabbing videos and images for presentations
- Share designs with anyone using a PC or Mac
Pricing and Availability
The LumenRT GeoDesign Plug-In retails for $195. It requires that LumenRT 4 be installed as a prerequisite. It works with all versions of ESRI CityEngine Advanced 2010.2 or greater.