IKinema has released a free update to Action, its motion-capture solving solution for Maya. The plugin streams motion data into Maya in real time, and can be used to marker solve or retarget the data.
Key features in Action 2.5 include support for OptiTrack’s optical motion-capture systems. The system already supports OptiTrack’s main competitor, Vicon, and Xsens’ inertial mocap technology.
According to the official news release, new features in Action 2.5 include:
- Assign world constraints from various sources during retargeting with advanced mechanism for post-production adjustments
- Manipulator for animating retargeting constraints – quickly adjust MoCap during retargeting
- Pole Vector Constraint
- OptiTrack interface – real-time stream and record marker and joint data, and rigid bodies
- Create Look-At Task – point bones in given directions
- Extensive range of demo scenes in Maya
The software also includes the following new Action Tools:
- Import/Export Solver Data
- Auto-Connect Markers By Name – automatically link markers and joints based on naming convention
- Adjust Match Pose – adjust the match pose during marker solving and retargeting
- Save/Load Templates – for marker association and retargeting
Action 2.5 is available now for Maya 2010 and above on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The update is free to existing users, while new licences cost $980.
Updated 28 February: IKinema is offering Action 2.5 at a 50% launch discount until 26 March.