French developer SB2 has begun shipping Render[in], its new real-time radiosity engine for SketchUp.
The release adds to the growing range of existing add-ons designed to provide photorealistic rendering within SketchUp: Google currently lists eight, ranging from the free Indigo Renderer to the $720 V-Ray for SketchUp.
PRESS RELEASE (Excerpts)
Following a successful beta testing phase, SB2 announced today the launch of Render[in]v1, a fully-integrated, real-time radiosity engine developed for SketchUp Free and Pro users. Render[in] gives SketchUp users the high-definition, realistic renderings they’ve been looking for, in a powerful, easy-to-use application.
Render[in] users can:
- quickly create a high-definition rendering with no size limitation
- use existing SketchUp parameters and add new ones
- create a photo-realistic project environment (water, sand, grass) and a 3D sky with clouds
- create artificial light sources
- see the final result in a real-time radiosity preview window
Render[in] is fully integrated into SketchUp and uses the same settings, so learning how to create high-definition renderings is fast and easy.
Once the model is ready, Render[in] brings designs to life, by offering realistic additions like a 3D sky, four types of clouds, and modifiable lighting sources. Render[in] also offers additional texture settings to choose from, like specular reflection and shininess, and auto-bump for materials.
Render[in] is available for US$160.00