Eric Mootz has released a new versions of his emFlock solver for Softimage. The ICE-based plugin, which enables users to create complex flocking simulations, costs €99 (around $135).
New features of emFlock2 include:
- Multithreaded neighboring and flocking.
- Set of compounds for speed and orientation control without flipping
- Set of compounds to make flocks fly along specific paths and morph into specific shapes
- Generation of flight paths using nearly any desired input (point clouds, polygon meshes, curves, etc.)
- New neighboring compound
- Point clouds that use emFlock2 and emFly can be cached and rendered just as any other point cloud
Mootz also recently updated emFlock’s sister plugin, the fluid simulation tool emFluid. More details here.