To celebrate Weta’s advancement in HFR Digital Cinematography, we felt going with “The Hobbit” for the next theme was appropriate.
And since they pioneered new ways of capturing and projecting live action footage, we though it could be fun to have the contest to use Live action footage as well.
CGC Matte Painting guidelines | The Hobbit
1) The matte painting is an establishing shot of Rivendell
2) The aspect ratio of your final image should be: Nikon D4
3) The final resolution output of your piece should be 1920 pixels wide max.
4) The piece should incorporate at least one photograph, the plate*.
5) The piece should incorporate at least one 3D element, the proxy mesh*