It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire’s
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR, an armored space
station with enough power
to destroy an entire planet.
Pursued by the Empire’s
sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her
starship, custodian of the
stolen plans that can save her
people and restore
freedom to the galaxy….
To be continued…
CGC Matte Painting guidelines | StarWars
1) The matte painting is an establishing shot of the Empire on Tatooine
2) The aspect ratio of your final image should be: Panavision 3 Perf 35mm
3) The final resolution output of your piece should be: 1920 x ####
4) The piece should incorporate at least one photograph, the plate*.
5) The piece should incorporate at least one 3D element.
6) Look to match the film grain and depth of field.
A plate is provided for you. The resolution of the original plate material is high, you might want to down-rez it to suite your machine capabilities or find a workflow that allows you to use full resolution with out maxing out your station’s performances. Try to make your workflow light and efficient to promote fast turnaround.
*note: The 3D element doesn’t have to be a final element. It can be used as general blocking tool i.e. cubes to guide you with perspective or general layout. Note that you are more than welcome to create final 3D assets to incorporate in your piece.