Nero’s ship just launched something at the planet through the hole they drilled.
If my calculations are correct, they are creating a singularity… that will consume the planet!
The planet has seconds left!
Prepare the pad. I’m going there. I must save my parents…
Spock are you nuts?!
CGC Matte Painting guidelines | Starship Troopers
1) The matte painting is an establishing shot of the Spock’s planet being beamed at by a giant space drill. The drill is hanging from a space ship way off in outer space and reaches all the way down to the surface of the planet where a beam of fire like energy is concentrated at the planet’s surface. The drill’s tip is about the size of a city block.
2) The aspect ratio of your final image should be: Panavision Super 70mm
3) The final resolution output of your piece should be: 1920 x ####
4) The piece should incorporate at least one photograph, the plate*.
5) The piece should incorporate at least one 3D element.
A plate is provided for you here and you have the choice between two time of day.
The resolution of the original plate material is high, you might want to downrez it to suite your machine capabilities or find a workflow that allows you to use full resolution with out maxing out your station’s performances. Try to make your workflow light and efficient to promote fast turnaround.
Plate Camera A:
Plate Camera B:
Click here to view the rest of the entries »