Press release from SIGGRAPH:
StudioGPU Delivers Unmatched Efficiency and Flexibility to 3D Production Pipelines with the Introduction of MachStudio Pro 2
Now Supports Rendering with Pixar RenderMan, mental images mental ray and Fast High-Fidelity GPU-Based MachStudio Pro Renderer
SIGGRAPH 2010 (Booth #301) — Los Angeles, CA — July 27, 2010 — StudioGPU is redefining productivity for 3D artists working in broadcast, cinema and design with the announcement of StudioGPU MachStudio™ Pro 2 real-time non-linear 3D workflow and rendering software. Operating as an open hub for advanced 3D workflow, MachStudio Pro 2 now offers 3D artists advanced features such as native integration with Pixar RenderMan®; the ability to create and use MetaSL®-based custom procedural shaders and render out with mental ray®. Additional new features include a solid DirectX® 11 foundation for improved GPU acceleration, tessellation and multi-threading, FBX-out capabilities, improved support for Python programming customization and more.
Visit StudioGPU in the AMD Booth (# 301) during SIGGRAPH 2010 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, July 27-29 to preview exclusively the real-time non-linear workflow benefits of MachStudio Pro 2 on the latest ATI FireProTM 3D workstation graphics accelerators.
MachStudio Pro software streamlines the production workflow at many of the most notable production studios in the world, including Weta Workshop, Zoic Studios, and The Third Floor. A virtual real-time studio environment, MachStudio Pro allows artists, designers, engineers, directors, and technical directors (TDs) to work with 3D lighting, camera views and multi-point perspectives in an interactive non-linear fashion to produce real-time high-fidelity views as they will appear in the final rendered format. MachStudio Pro 2 software continues to revolutionize 3D production environments with new features that include:
- Pixar RenderMan Integration: Provides the flexibility to switch between or combine fast high-fidelity MachStudio Pro GPU-based rendering and industry-standard Academy Award®-winning Pixar RenderMan CPU-based ray tracing rendering software on-the-fly to create beauty shots and/or specific render passes.
- MetaSL and mental ray Support: Allows 3D artists to quickly and easily build MetaSL-based custom procedural shaders using an intuitive mental mill® node graph user interface for rendering out to both the mental ray and MachStudio Pro renderer.
- Improved Pipeline Rendering Functionality: Offers a new Unified Pass Renderer (UPR), which breaks out all passes for the final render, and an EXR Sandwich Tool that combines all EXR files into one layered file for compositing.
- DirectX 11-Based Workflow: Offers more efficient rendering, tessellation, and multi-threading capabilities for improved performance throughout the pipeline.
- Volumetric and Screen Space Global Illumination (GI): Takes into account the bouncing of light from surfaces, allowing for more realistic renderings.
- Spot and Directional Lights: Allows for greater freedom towards achieving perfect lighting conditions.
- FBX Output: Exports models and baked textures in the FBX file format for compatibility with all leading 3D modeling and animation software programs.
- Increased Python Support: Allows for the creation of custom properties, parenting objects, and spot and directional lights.
- Workflow Improvements: Eases organization and viewing of everything in a scene, including groups, hierarchies, context menus, light sets, influencers and render pass isolation.
Award-winning MachStudio Pro supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista operating systems on most professional graphic accelerator cards. MachStudio Pro software is available in North America for $3,999 (USD) or bundled with the ATI FirePro V8800 3D workstation graphics accelerator card for $4,999 (USD). MachStudio Pro 2 is expected to ship in Q3 2010. All existing MachStudio Pro customers will receive the MachStudio Pro 2 software upgrade at no charge upon product availability. For pricing in other regions, visitwww.studiogpu.com/buy/locator. Student, education and volume licensing is also available upon request. For more information about MachStudio Pro and to download the free full-featured MachStudio Pro 30-day trial software, visit the StudioGPU web site at www.studiogpu.com.
StudioGPU develops software and technology that frees digital artists from the creative shackles of time, money and resources. MachStudio Pro empowers artists and designers working in film, broadcast, game development, computer-assisted design (CAD), and pre- and post-production to create and manipulate fully rendered film-quality 3D design and animation in real-time.