The RealFlow RenderKit in use linking a RealFlow fluid simulation in Maxwell Render. The forthcoming RFRK 2.5 update will include a new plugin enabling Cinema 4D artists to use the software.
Next Limit has announced a free update to the RealFlow RenderKit, its toolkit for generating procedural geometry from RealFlow scenes at rendertime.
In a post on CGTalk, the developer revealed that RFRK 2.5 will make the toolkit available to Cinema 4D users for the first time, via a new plugin. Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage and Houdini are already supported.
The update, which will be released free to registered users at the end of the month, also includes a number of viewport and performance enhancements, plus support for RenderMan volumetric primitives.
Updated 9 March: RealFlow RenderKit 2.5 is now shipping.
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (Excerpts)
This month we are delighted to announce the release of the latest patch for the current version of the RealFlow RenderKit: Version 2.5, which will be released at the end of the month and will be available for FREE for all RealFlow RenderKit license holders.
What IS the RealFlow RenderKit?
The RealFlow RenderKit (RFRK) is an invaluable toolkit which makes rendering RealFlow scenes faster and easier by:
- Generating procedural geometry at rendertime*
- Reducing storage and handling memory in an efficient way
- Bypassing 3D platform restrictions for faster, easier rendering
So what’s new in version 2.5?
- RFRK plugin for Cinema4D
Cinema4D users will now be able to enjoy RFRK as part of their RF workflow/pipeline
- Enhancements to the viewport
This allows users to use the RenderKit with any renderer
- RFRK Mesher visualization in the 3D viewport for Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini and Cinema 4D
Users can now fine-tune their meshes with a visual clue in the viewport, without having to hit render to see the final result
- New method to compute mesh normals to reduce flickering issues
Smoother results for slow and viscous fluids
- Support for RenderMan volumetric primitives and RMS3.0 particler + BlobbyVolume rendertype primitive
The original implementation of RFRK Cloud in RMS has been replaced using RenderMan volumetric primitives, which include motion blur!
- RFRK Cloud in Mental Ray now with 3D Texture coordinates
Users can now add an extra level of detail to the RFRK Cloud in Mental Ray
- Ability to set environment variables in the sequence paths
Moving RFRK files around in different OS systems is now easier than ever!
Great! So how do I get it?
If you already have a RenderKit, you will be able to download this latest patch directly from your customer gateway. If you do not have a RenderKit license, remember it is available for FREE with every standard license purchase** and it is available to buy from just $200/€140.
* NB: C4D does not use procedurals
** Upgrades and rentals are not included