10) Star Wars the Old Republic- With all new classes and an awesome battle system this is sure to entertain the masses. There are many different classes to choose from each with a varied combat style that are balanced against each other. Each is unique in it’s own way and will have something fun and different to appeal to everyone. This will be epic no doubt and releases in 2011.
9) Lost Planet 2, as in two words, ‘lady pirates’. That’s all I needed to see before I was convinced that this game would be awesome. Yes, that does mean that Lost Planet has more options for character customization. The vital suit is still the center of the multiplayer mode but now ranges from small battle suits to enormous spider mechs that seat an entire team. There have also been added conventional vehicles such as tanks and hovercraft. The bosses you will have to face are even bigger and badder so good luck, we can’t wait till it’s May 11th release.
8) Fable 3, I am finally King! Well it’s looking like the countless hours of building your wealth and family in Fable 2 will pay off. Fable 3 is in the works and in this one you will be playing the son or daughter of your fable 2 save game character as the king of the land. I’m not 100 percent sure on how good an idea it is to have a game hinge on having already played a previous game but for all the fable fans out there this is not a concern for it’s December 30th, 2010 release.
7) Alan Wake, where you play as a writer… no joke people but fear not this thriller is sure to give your little sister nightmares. Steering away from the overabundance of blood, guts and gore this thriller is truly unique and sure to enthrall us all. It has great cinematic and storyline with great suspense, twists, and cliffhangers. It sends you through the shadows to face adversaries that may seem normal but just aren’t quite right-the dark presence. This is a definite must play on it’s May 18th release.
6) Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, is back and returning to it’s origins picking up where the Sands of Time left off. Yes that’s right if you misjudged the distance of that ledge you can rewind once again. However, it gets much sweeter this time around as the prince is endowed with an all new set of elemental powers, the first being the ability to freeze water. These new powers are not only for clearing house of the undead but also play a vital part in the puzzle aspects of the platforming. We can expect to be rewinding time and freezing waterfalls on it’s May 18th release.
5) StarCraft 2:Wings of Liberty, Need I say more? You know you’re going to play it it’s just a matter of waiting until it’s December 31st release. On a more serious note, this one promises to bring a much more choice in the content you experience. Through a new story mode you will be able to choose what missions you will go on and what tech you will use to forge your own unique experience. Expect to see some of the same members of the Terran units as well as new ones in a much better looking game.
4) Gears of War 3- Ah yes Marcus is back again to wage war in what could be the final chapter in this oh so epic title. What’s new this time around? Well from the meager ashes to ashes trailer we caught a glimpse of it looks like some new female characters come into play possibly hinting at more options to customize characters as well as a new four player coop mode. We will definitely be waiting in line for this April 5th 2011 release.
3) Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario is back for an all new galaxy jumping adventure. Just as beautifully done as the first, this game has returned with all new galaxies, quests and puzzles. New abilities involving one of our favorite little green dinosaurs and some new tools create an all new and fairly unique challenge. One of Mario’s most valuable tools will be the drill that allows him to enter and explore the interior of the planets he will be traversing and provide a new means of solving certain plat forming puzzles. The new and interesting ideas in this title are sure to make it a success on it’s May 23rd, 2010 release.
2) Red Dead Redemption, Welcome to the Wild West at the turn of the 20th century. Become John Marston as he ventures across the American frontier in this open world environment. Multiplayer alone is going to be a good reason to get this game. The game brings in various ideas that make this a uniquely played combination of the multiplayer games we know and love with an open world experience set in the American Wild West. Many of the classic games are set apart from what we’ve seen before through the western theme. Heck, anything that starts of with a classic Mexican standoff is awesome in my book. Release date is May 18th, 2010.
1) Halo Reach, Of course you’re not surprised. This Halo will take us away from the ODST and back to the Spartan soldier! That’s right Master Chief is not the only one except this time we get to see their faces. We have an all new Noble team to follow in this much darker mission set on the planet Reach pre halo one through three. We can expect nothing short of greatness in another redefining game in the Halo franchise. Halo Reach is set to release September 30, 2010.
Some honorable mentions that I personally can’t wait for-
Marvel vs Capcom 3:Fate of Two Worlds- The newest trailer out reveals six definite characters of supposedly 30 and it just looks awesome! The style deviating from the previous 2D game is really unique and just plain awesome. Set to release in Quarter 2 of 2011.
Mod Nation Racers- As it’s name implies the freedom of modification to this game just looks awesome. From characters, to cars and tracks you can let your imagination run wild. As a Mario Kart fan this is definitely something to consider, as the detail that you put into the customizable assets is a new level in Kart racing. Set to release May 25, 2010